Thursday, September 13, 2018

POSTCROSSING AND POSTCARDS

Have you ever heard of postcrossing.com? No?

Well, it is a site where people from all over the world exchange postcard by getting each other's home address and send cards to random people. It is a joy to see beautiful cards and stamps in your post box whenever you come home from school.

To date, I have received 89 cards and 84 cards are on their way to their respective recipients.
I have been a member of postcrossing.com since 8 years ago. I should have hundreds of cards by now, I haven't. I took a break for 4-5 years due to hectic work schedule.

The best part of this hobby is getting the stamps, and the postcards themselves that give me the favourite themes of mine esp. ANIMALS, landscapes, places and cultures.

Do you know what? I had printed my own postcard! Yea...I snapped a lovely photo of Tempurung Cave in Perak and got it printed. I printed it enough to get me going in this exchange project. I shared the cost with my sister and we send this card, designed and photographed by me, with a serial number of A01 written on it and a trademark "photographed by Norlilawati.




A card from Portugal


From Canada


Top postcard is from Portugal

Isn't my card lovely? I will print more cards after I run out of stock of this cave card.

 I shall wait every day for new cards to arrive in my post box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment